Radio Frequency Advance
The Technique of Radio Surgery involves the passage of high frequency radio waves(3.5mhz-Megahertz) through soft tissue tocut, coagulate, or remove the tissue. Soft tissue resistance to these radiowaves causes the cellular water in the soft tissue to heat, which produces steam, an results in cellular molecular dissolution of individual tissue cells.
RF CAUTERY -3.5Mhz
Radio Surgery with High Frequency
The surgeon uses a hand piece with an active electrode (different type of electrodes for different applications) to transmit the radio waves. The radio waves are focussed on the tissue by anantenna plate (Patient plate) that is positioned behind the tissue in contact with patient's skin.
Radio surgery in general practise has many advantages over conventional surgical techniques particularly dermatological,plastic and eye lid surgery,ENT,Dental,quicker operating time;rapid healing,less tissue damage and less post operative discomfort have been observed and its wider use in hospital practise is recommended
Radio frequency is not to be confused with electro-surgery machine(surgical diathermy) spark gap circuitry unit(electro-cautery) and uses completely new technique compared with scalpal surgery and other techniques and Radio energy does the cutting very light. Avery high frequency radio wave 0.3 - 3.5 MHz and a ine needle or wire loop electrode which is held by the surgeon, radio energy passes between the cautery electrode and patient plate. It is concentrated at the needle end or wire loop electrode, resulting in the release of energy, which produces steam within the cells, thus vaporizing them and dividing the tissues.Specification:
- Power input 220 volts +-5%
- Power consumption 150 Watts
- Frequency 3.5 MHz
- Maximum Output
- HF Monopolar 150Watts on 400ohm load
- HF Bipolar 100 Watts on 100ohm load
- Fulguration 100 Watts on 1000ohm.
- Size: 8 1/2" X 7 1/2" X 4"
- Weight: 3.5 Kgs
- Minimum heat with no charring resulting in least tissue damage.
- Cutting & fulguration is optional
- Minimum blood loss & pain
- Shock proof.
- Local anaesthesia is not required on the surface of the skin or in superficial procedures.
- Sparkless integrated circuit of latest technology for fast and continuous procedures.
- Pin point cutting capability.
Various Application of RF cautery for General Surgery:
- Increase Revenue
- Reduced Stress
- Reduced Operating times
- Pressure - less Cutting
- No Lateral Heat
- Micro-smooth incisions
- Increased range of procedure
- Learning Radio surgery: With a piece of beef steak, the doctor can practice most radiosurgery techniques, including cutting biopsy & coagulation
- Laryngeal Disorders
- Keloid Surgery
- Nasal Polypectomy
- Nose Bleeding
- Removal Ranula Cyst
- Tonsil and Adenoid
- Tonsil tumor
- Wart, Nevus Skin Tumor
- Nasal Mucosa
- Nasal Polypectomy
- Nasal Tumor
- Procedure Of Snoring
- R.F. of Palate